After twelve years of guiding students in India, Tim Williams created The Taraloka Foundation in 2012 as a way to assist the noble work of fellow guides and Tibetan locals, Kelsang Phuntsok and Gelek Gyatso. Through their dedication and hard work, the Sikkim Happiness Home has become a place of safety, comfort, education, and love for more than 33 girls.
Basic structure of Taraloka:
- 19 girls in the Sikkim Happiness Home (four story home in Gangtok, Sikkim India)
- 10 girls presently in college in Gangtok, Sikkim India (living in college dormitories)
- 4 graduates
- Each girl has a sponsor in the USA ($2300 annually per girl)
- Beyond sponsorship funds, we raise about $25,000 annually for building maintenance, house needs, salaries, medical expenses, and creating more oportunities for the girls.
- 3 employees in Sikkim (SHH coordinator, house mother, and cook)
- The girls attend an excellent private schools in Gangtok, Sikkim India
- As soon as one girl leaves the SHH to live in a college dormitory, we find a sponsor and bring another young girl into the home.